Become a Mentor! Impact a Life!
DYCD’s YMI mentoring program engages youth in grades 5 through 12 during key life and educational transitions by cultivating positive personal relationships, fostering community involvement, and focusing on college and career exploration. For ten months, mentors meet with students weekly, discussing topics ranging from education and health to civic engagement.
Goals of YMI:
- Promote positive changes in youths’ attitudes towards themselves, others,and their futures
- Help youth to adjust with new school and / or environments
- Assist youth in exploring college and careers
- Help youth cultivate an ethic of service to their communities
- Create opportunities for youth to develop leadership skills
BCS has YMI Programs and the following locations
- Cary Gardens Cornerstone Community Center, Coney Island
- Seth Low Cornerstone Community Center, Brownsville
- Farragut Cornerstone Community Center, Fort Green
- Beacon Program IS 265, Downtown Brooklyn
- Complete a background check
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Able to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week.
- Must attend 2 community service activities- one in April 2020, one in June 2020.
Email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Become A Mentor”.