Youth Stand Academy provides an enriching environment for middle school youth (grades 6 to 8) to thrive. In partnership with the New York City Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD), Youth Stand Academy promotes education and youth development, creativity and leaderships skills, literacy and critical thinking, fitness and nutrition, high school readiness and community service.
For over 20 years, Brooklyn Community Services’ after school programs have helped thousands of children grow academically and creatively, while providing comprehensive support for their social and emotional growth and leadership development.
Youth Stand Academy Approach
- A collaborative community
- An enriching environment to stimulate engagement
- Diverse learning methods
- A space for advocacy
- A commitment to emotional health and well-being
- Leadership development through service learning and character building
What Youth Stand Academy Offers:
- A year-round, full-day program including summer and many school holidays
- Professional tutoring to help with homework and standardized test preparation
- Support groups for female and male youth to strengthen their identity, sensitivity toward their peers, ability to handle conflicts, and tools to address issues like bullying and peer pressure
- Promotion of world events and leadership skills through service
- Commitment to building knowledge and skills in science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM)
- Field trips to inspire students
- Enrichment activities in visual and performing arts, music, athletics, martial arts, computer training, government and community service
Youth Stand Academy is Accessible
- Open 3-6 p.m. year-round with full-day programming during the summers and on many school holidays
- Youth Stand Academy is on-site at the middle school
- Safe and Inspiring
- Welcoming environment that is stimulating, safe and fun for youth
Parents are encouraged to attend events and workshops that help better understand the academic, social, and emotional challenges that middle school youth face, and how to support them in their journey to high school.
Parents attend the student’s special events, competitions and performances, and can access a wide range of other BCS programs and services for their entire family.
Youth Stand Academy provides high quality youth-centered activities as well as academic and life skills support to prepare middle school students for high school and to reach personal goals.
Our dedicated and caring staff and teachers are committed to providing an environment that builds on the strength of the students.
Providing an environment where students can stay on track academically and emotionally.
Youth Stand Academy staff includes:
- Highly skilled & experienced teachers
- Every class has a teacher and a teaching assistant
- Curriculum Specialist
- Top-notch volunteers who share their skills and support
- Teaching artists and coaches
Participation in the program enables youth to form bonds with their peers and staff members that will last a lifetime.
For more information or to schedule a tour of one of the after school programs, please contact: email@example.com
Youth Stand Academy
104 Sutter Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11212
Site Director: Mary Ann Gaston, firstname.lastname@example.org
East New York Family Academy
2057 Linden Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11207
Site Director: Sasha Graham, email@example.com