Corporate and Group Volunteering
BCS works with corporate groups, places of worship, universities, civic groups, and more. Our staff will work with you to make sure your volunteer experience is both meaningful for you, and makes a real difference in Brooklyn’s low-income neighborhoods.
- Green Thumbs in East New York: Weed and plant at our urban garden in East New York
- Be a Party Planner: Help host a holiday party for adults with intellectual disabilities
- Practice Makes Perfect: Build confidence by conducting mock interviews with adults re-entering the job market
- Reverse Job Fair: Help us expose students to different career options by answering questions about your career track
- Read by Example: Share your favorite book with a group of students in one of our Early Education Centers
- Wrapping Party: Help label and wrap toys donated for our Toy Drive
Capacity and Financial Support
Due to space restrictions, most group projects are limited to 25 volunteers at a time. We ask that our corporate volunteers help support our volunteer program financially.
To start planning your group volunteer activity today, please contact Asea Thompson, Outreach and Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 718-310-5678.
Middle School teachers from Achievement First helped clean up around the women’s shelter and TLC garden.
LIU women’s basketball team visits our Duffield’s children’s center.
NYC’s 4th Annual Disability Pride Parade
NYC’s 3rd Annual Disability Pride Parade
BCS partnered up with AFROPUNK over the summer to support our clients with developmental disabilities during NYC’s 3rd annual Disability Pride Parade. The AFROPUNK volunteers also spent an afternoon decorating pride posters in preparation for event.
Our Volunteer Partners Include: