What is BCS PROS?
The PROS (Personalized Recovery Oriented Services) model emphasizes restoring the skills and supports necessary for participants to achieve specific life goals. PROS services are often conducted in classroom settings, providing participants with the opportunity to receive instruction and practice skills in a safe environment while staff members counsel, teach, assist, and provide valuable feedback. Participants are able to learn at their own pace in a safe, nurturing, non-institutional and structured setting for psychiatric rehabilitation that fosters independent living and greater participation in the community.
Who enrolls in BCS PROS?
People living with a mental health condition are more than their symptoms and come to BCS PROS to move beyond their symptoms, improve wellness, build confidence, and gain a sense of community.
BCS PROS Services
BCS PROS offers a variety of specialized services:
- Art Therapy
- Cognitive Remediation
- Diverse groups and workshops
- Dual Recovery (mental health & substance abuse)
- Employment & Vocational support
- Optional Psychiatric Services
People interested in admission to BCS PROS must:
- Be 18 Years of age or older
- Have a designated mental health diagnosis
- Have functional barriers due to severity and duration of a serious mental health condition
- Want to achieve a personally defined ‘life goal’ such as: Housing, education, employment, or a rewarding social life
- Have an interest in the ability to participate in group and individual counseling sessions
Choosing BCS PROS
- Rapid Screening
- A partnership of care between client, family, and other providers
- Services covered by Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, or a sliding fee scale
- HCBS (Home and Community Based Services) including Supported Education and Peer Empowerment Services
Fabulous Phil, the massive geometric mural in Downtown Brooklyn’s City Point, has a legacy connected with BCS. It’s named after Philip Johnson, a BCS PROS client, known as “Fabulous Phil” for his magnetic personality.
Hours & Location
1310 Rockaway Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11236
BC PROS operates Monday thru Friday from 8AM to 5PM. Most services are provided between 9AM to 3:30PM.
- Trains: L
- Bus: B82, B6, B41, B42, B17, B60, B8, B15, B35